Links to Casey Industrial
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMulticraft View Post
    GPS satellites fly in a 'medium earth orbit in 'elliptical' pattern which is close to the Earth at one point then slingshots farther out into space and comes back again. They circle the earth roughly twice a day so wherever they are at noon they will be in the same place at midnight. In order for GPS to work all over the globe you have to have satellites flying different ellipticals at the same time.
    I know this is off topic but I wanted to say about the GPS sattelites above the way they calculate your location is by triangulation. The device listens for radio signals (a PING) from the GPS satellites and measures the time it takes to get there.

There are 6 orbital planes with 4 satellites in each 'eliptical pattern'. Your device has to talk to at least 4 satellites at any one time to get a reliable position, so in the event of a EMP or CME that knocks out electronics even if YOUR device is not directly in the line of fire there is little doubt that many of the 24 GPS satellites you are relying on to relay your signal will be knocked out. Only a few of those would be shielded on the 'dark' side of the planet when the event occurs.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 06-15-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Road Warrior
    I laugh when people call me 'paranoid' (and I call them STUPID).

http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...-public-online

The homepage of geofeedia https://geofeedia.com/ says: "Join us ​at ​Navy ​Pier ​October ​5-6, ​2016 ​where ​forward-thinking ​professionals ​in ​security, ​public ​safety ​and ​marketing ​will ​trade ​thoughts ​about ​how ​to best ​employ ​location-based ​intelligence ​in ​today’s ​ever-changing ​digital ​landscape. "

... "forward thinking" ... (= things that make you go "HMMMMM") ... and what do "security, public safety, and MARKETING" have in common with regard to location based intelligence gathering?

If you just showed up I suggest you read this thread from the beginning.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 09-30-2016 at 01:28 AM.

Road Warrior
    In case Hollywood is still around I see a page on the space.com site that you may be interested (since my explanation without a visual aid is probably gibberish). I'm not sure if it was there 3 months ago but looking at it you can probably understand.

http://www.space.com/32054-satellite-tracker.html

satellites can maintain an orbit around the equator with no problems but if they go north the earth's magnetism will push them back toward the middle at the same velocity. That's why they 'swing' equal amounts in either direction

... or maybe a better way to explain is like a waterskier being pulled behind a boat when he gets too far to one side he gets pulled back toward the middle and crosses the wake and goes the same distance toward the other side.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 09-30-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Road Warrior
    I laugh when people call me 'paranoid' (and I call them STUPID).

http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...-public-online
    Apparently Seattle police aren't the only ones to use geofedia to track you people through Facebook, Twitter, and Insatgram.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37627086

"The ACLU of California has obtained records showing that Twitter, Facebook and Instagram provided user data access to Geofeedia, a developer of a social media monitoring product that we have seen marketed to law enforcement as a tool to monitor activists and protesters," the group said in a statement.

"We know for a fact that in Oakland [California] and Baltimore [Maryland], law enforcement has used Geofeedia to monitor protests."

Road Warrior
    Apparently the GSA Inspector General thinks "Applicant Tracking Systems" are a security risk too, and according to this article a significant reason OBAMA created the MONUMENTAL FUBAR that allowed China to steal the personal information of every security clearance applicant in America from the federal Office of Personnel Management.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...hdog-says.html

... "It appears 18F was long used to working without much reference to GSA’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), who was, among other things, supposed to sign off on all information systems’ adherence to federal security policies.

According to the most recent report, no fewer than 18 information systems operated by 18F for more than a year ending in July 2016 lacked proper CISO authorizations for their use, and eleven of them had never been authorized. One system 18F was operating without required sign-off was “a recruitment and applicant tracking information system containing applicants’ resumes and contact information.”

In my opinion anyone that uses them and has their life turned upside down when their personal information is abused has only themselves to blame.

Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    All VERY interesting info my brother & MUCH thanks for fully blowing the whistle on this topic. But I just so happened to have tried the google maps/satellite option to view my house a few days ago, as I am currently approximately 5 hours away from home, & the most recent view that I was able to conjure up was from 2013. I'd love to know how to get actual REAL time views of it, but neither the help button nor any of the info chat forums were able to give me the regiment for doing so. Can & will you help a brother out with this issue kind sir? Any info on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Data Mining 101
    With your phone number I can track your GPS location to see where you eat breakfast, where you sleep when you're on the road, if you go to a bar, a strip club, a grocery store, or a fast food restaurant after work I'll know it.
    If I calculate the time it takes you to get between known points I can also tell if you were speeding.
    If I hack the 'carrier IQ Rootkit' (installed from the factory on EVERY smart iphone, Android, and Blackberry) I can track every single keystroke including your web searches and every webpage you've accessed, your phones IP address, the content of your voicemail, text messages and who it was sent to, pictures and videos you've taken, viewed, sent, received, and saved, numbers dialed and received, EVERYTHING saved on the SIM card and SD memory card including every person in your contact list, your phone IMEI, the model and age of your device, I can even remotely turn on your phones microphone and camera to see and hear what's going on wherever you are. (Turing the device off changes nothing. The only way to stop me is to physically remove the battery from the device). If you connect through bluetooth in your car, I will know what you drive and where you drove it.

but hey what can I say .. I'm an optimist.
    I told you so.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/08...mole-hunt.html