Links to Casey Industrial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Road Warrior

Applicant Tracking Systems A.K.A. (online applications)

If I could write for Jeopardy ...

The ANSWER is: ... "imbeciles, morons, and simply feebleminded". = "What do you call people who use online application services run by third party data miners" Alex.

The ANSWER is: ... "companies that share YOUR personal information with their 'affiliates' for the sake of 'marketing' (because you gave your IMPLIED CONSENT by simply USING their online application process)". = "Who are ADP (the payroll giant), Linked-in, Taleo (owned and operated by the database giant Oracle) ..." Sorry Alex there are over 200 players in the Applicant Tracking Software market do I have to name them all?"

Applicant Tracking Systems started off as SCREENING tools used by Employers to scan resumes but that's not all they do now and most "HR Professionals" ARE TOO LAZY or IGNORANT to READ the "Privacy Policy" of the service they use, to realize YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS BEING SOLD, GIVEN AWAY, OR BOTH DEPENDING ON THE PROVIDER!!! If you would like to remain blissfully ignorant to REALITY please STOP HERE and go on to the next post. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then Google (ATS) and educate yourself but be forewarned there's A LOT of information.

I am CONSTANTLY informing "HR Professionals" of this fact and the VAST MAJORITY come back and say "Oh, they only share your information with us" to which I respond "BULL SH1T" and I take the time to do what they DID NOT and Google the Privacy Statement for whatever A.T.S. system they are using and it's EXTREMELY RARE for one of them to NOT share your information with their "affiliates".

They try and justify the risk by saying they comply with the "Safe Harbor" guidelines but THE FACT is: protecting an individuals personal information is THE LAW in Switzerland and participating EU countries that established the "Safe Harbor" guidelines, but compliance is VOLUNTARY in THIS country, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT in the US that ensures companies are REALLY following the EU standard, and the determining factor depends on which country the SERVERS are located in.

Look. If you DON'T know that these people are DATA MINERS that take ANY AND ALL personal information that YOU submit on to THEIR online application and cross reference it with Facebook, classmates.com, geneology sites and ANY other information they can get their hands on in conjunction with their "affiliates and strategic partners" AND SELL IT TO ONLINE ADVERTISERS AS A SECONDARY REVENUE STREAM, you should probably WAKE THE HELL UP !!! THEY DO IT FOR TARGETED ADVERTISING AND MARKETING and the SECONDARY part has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU LANDING A JOB, and EVERYTHING to do with how much SIDE MONEY they can make off the information YOU PROVIDED !

ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE GOOGLE, and ESPECIALLY if you access ANY of those data miners sites from your PHONE. IF you disable "tracking cookies" the system WILL NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS. So the next time you think it's "coincidence" that you get advertising for the very product you just Googled (here's your sign) ... your searches were tracked, and you were "targeted" by "affiliates" based on your online application information.

If you don't want your identity stolen or your personal data passed around like a $10 whore, then DON'T GIVE IT OUT except to PRIMARY EMPLOYERS and TAKE THE TIME to WRITE to Employers via their webpage and tell them you are NOT applying for their job because you are NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING THE INTIMATE DETAILS OF YOUR LIFE with these 3rd party DATA MINERS like a DRUNK who flashes their JUNK during Mardi Gras.

It doesn't have to be a "hacker" just ONE BAD EMPLOYEE, or the unauthorized access by the BOYFRIEND of an employee (see the KOMO story below) to expose you to a world of hurt. TRUST ME. If I apply for a job now TWO people have my personal info. If I use an ATS that's THREE. When they share my info with 'affiliates" that's FOUR OR MORE and after a breach or identity theft GOOD LUCK tracking down the source of the leak. I have YET to see an A.T.S. contract with an employer that OBLIGATES THEM to disclose when there has been a data breach. ... it never happens except at the biggest companies where eventually someone "leaks" the fact that they were hacked.
    ... (oh did you forget to read that disclaimer at the bottom that mentions you waive ANY AND ALL LIABILITY associated with the collection of your personal info when you used their website?)

http://komonews.com/news/local/stole...-personal-data

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/09/pay...s-to-zenefits/

http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/adp-...es-hack-a-3756

http://www.wsj.com/articles/citigrou...ers-1412783395
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 03-29-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Road Warrior
    So just in case you think I'm "crazy as a loon" and the 'data miners' aren't really "doing all that stuff" (with NO Government oversight) as I claimed last month, you may be interested in reading this CBS story posted today:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/spying-b...arles-schumer/

"... most people don't realize their location data is being mined, even if they agreed to it at some point by accepting the terms of service of an app that later SELLS their location information", (New York Sen. Charles) Schumer said. I doubt I have to tell you that Chuck Schumer of NY is one of the most LIBERAL Democrats ON THE PLANET so if HE thinks they need "oversight" you might want to pay attention.

Even when you THINK you are not GIVING them any "personal information" they are TAKING it from YOU and all the other clueless lemmings logged into: Facebook, LinkedIn, Spokeo, BeenVerified, Intelius...

The top 50 data mining companies:
    http://lifehacker.com/the-top-50-com...and-1482645222

Good Luck trying to "opt-out" of all 50. If however on the other hand you are smart enough NOT to give your info to ANYONE who asks all I can say is your name must be Yogi because you are TRULY "smarter than the average bear".
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 05-01-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMulticraft View Post
    If I could write for Jeopardy ...

The ANSWER is: ... "imbeciles, morons, and simply feebleminded". = "What do you call people who use online application services run by third party data miners" Alex.

The ANSWER is: ... "companies that share YOUR personal information with their 'affiliates' for the sake of 'marketing' (because you gave your IMPLIED CONSENT by simply USING their online application process)". = "Who are ADP (the payroll giant), Linked-in, Taleo (owned and operated by the database giant Oracle) ..." Sorry Alex there are over 200 players in the Applicant Tracking Software market do I have to name them all?"
    WOW ... I wish I would have known the Linked-in hack from 4 years ago could expose my identity to internet thieves .... oh wait ... I did know, well maybe ANTICIPATED is a better word. I guess that's why I never gave it to them in the first place.

READ THIS ARTICLE FROM THE BBC >>> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36320322

And I quote: "LinkedIn had about 165 million accounts at the time of the breach, but the discrepancy in the figures might be explained by the fact that some of its users logged in via Facebook."

(FACEBOOK??? How'd that work out for 'ya?)

And to all the IM&S-F's who not only used their service to begin with (AND FACEBOOK which I will personally never EVER sign-up for), but repeated those log-ins and passwords on OTHER websites where you dumped your digital life story (you know who you are) may I remind you that there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO MARTY MCFLY (except get in your Delorean and go BACK TO THE FUTURE to change your name, address, phone number, birthday, work history, direct deposit banking and/or credit card information, ... and everything else you were ignorant enough to give them just to "sign-up" because they said they "needed it" to process your "paperwork").

When in reality they just wanted to "take full advantage of additional revenue streams" by SELLING it to their "affiliates, and strategic partners"
    ... (and now you're F***ed because you released them from ANY and ALL LIABILITY when you VOLUNTARILY gave it to them)!
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 05-18-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Road Warrior
    Data Mining 101

Name, Address and phone:

With your name I can do a general google search on sites like mugshots.com to see if you've ever been arrested for a serious crime. Sites like Classmates.com, ancestry.com and others help me to zero in on family members. Public records searches will give me marriage, divorce and death certificates. If you're found on a marriage certificate I can search for your wifes name for additional birth records to find the name and ages of your children.

With your address into Zillow which pulls the MLS data and County Assessors tax data to determine the value and 'special features' of your property, when it was last sold (= how long you've been there). I can use Google maps/satellite to see where you live and the condition of your neighborhood and your specific property and anything parked in your yard.

With your phone number I can track your GPS location to see where you eat breakfast, where you sleep when you're on the road, if you go to a bar, a strip club, a grocery store, or a fast food restaurant after work I'll know it.
    If I calculate the time it takes you to get between known points I can also tell if you were speeding.
    If I hack the 'carrier IQ Rootkit' (installed from the factory on EVERY smart iphone, Android, and Blackberry) I can track every single keystroke including your web searches and every webpage you've accessed, your phones IP address, the content of your voicemail, text messages and who it was sent to, pictures and videos you've taken, viewed, sent, received, and saved, numbers dialed and received, EVERYTHING saved on the SIM card and SD memory card including every person in your contact list, your phone IMEI, the model and age of your device, I can even remotely turn on your phones microphone and camera to see and hear what's going on wherever you are. (Turing the device off changes nothing. The only way to stop me is to physically remove the battery from the device). If you connect through bluetooth in your car, I will know what you drive and where you drove it.

If you have accessed or filled out online forms I can record every single keystroke even typo's that were corrected and log-in ID's and passwords. I can track your IP address, the browser version you are using, your physical MAC address of your computer, and if you come to my website and fill out an application I will put a 'tracking cookie' on your computer which not only lets me know every page you visited, every time you 'hover' or click your mouse over an icon or picture, and imbedded in many of those pictures are 'pixel tags' and 'web beacons' that help me see where you've been. If you disable tracking cookies I still keep your information but there's no more "functionality" on your end, and I'm under no obligation to forward "incomplete" applications to the prospective employer so I get everything you entered up to that point and you get NOTHING.

Every time you forward that "cutsie" email to all your friends I can send out 'web crawlers' that will track those web beacons and pixel tags wherever they go to find every single person who sent it, opened it, viewed it, and forwarded it to record THEIR email address for my 'junk mail lists'.

(are you getting the picture yet) ???

WHY DO YOU THINK 'FACEBOOK' EXISTS ???

(to track and record your every move for MARKETING) https://www.facebook.com/business/help/460491677335370

They only track your 'likes" to try and figure out what to SELL you. They could care less about your 'dislikes' ... they aren't going to waste space with WORTHLESS entries in their database with things you're NOT going to buy.

FREE sites ANYONE can use to find out everything they want to know about you:
    Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, Google+, LinkedIn, Indeed, Intellicorp, MyLife, MySpace, pinterest, classmates, ancestry, peoplefinder, peoplesearch, intellius, beenverified, anywho, .....

Hellooo .... McFly ... are you getting this?

Don't worry. When all these jacka$$es get tired of chasing fairy dust and WWIII starts with one well placed nuke detonated in the upper atmosphere it will create an Electro Magnetic Pulse so big that it will fry virtually everything electrical *(that's not hardened or protected by a faraday cage) and the only thing on your mind will be:
    "How do I start a fire with these two sticks, and how can I filter enough of this swamp water to get a freaking drink without puking my guts out"?

but hey what can I say .. I'm an optimist.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 05-19-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Road Warrior
    Apparently *(just revealed today) the same Russian hacker responsible for the LinkedIn hack also hit MySpace, Tumblr and Reddit.

If you put all your personal informatiopn out there on these sites then it's for sale.

I should mention these hacks that are just now coming to light are 3-4 years old so if you think it's "old news" you may be right but the reason it's for sale now is because the person that stole it originally has had 3 years to construct SQL queries and cherry pick the ones he has most likely been targeting all along.

What I think is important to note is that there is a strong possibility that IT 'professionals' at all these sites became aware during or shortly after the breaches occured and they likely COULD have informed you in a timely manner so you couuld protect yourself, but chances are they ELECTED to say nothing to avoid 'bad PR'.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/05/...l?intcmp=hpbt4
    http://www.pcmag.com/news/344876/mys...s-360m-records
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 05-31-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Road Warrior
    I told you so:

(and I quote) "Facebook doesn't just serve ads on facebook.com and in its mobile apps, the company also has a network of third-party websites and apps that it partners with to display ads. It's called the Audience Network,..."

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/05/...tcmp=obnetwork

Road Warrior
    An excerp from a recent 60 Minutes interview by Scott Pelley with CIA Director John Brennan:

Scott Pelley: A few months ago your personal emails were hacked. What did you learn from that, director?

John Brennan: It shows that there are ways that individuals can get into the personal emails of anybody.

Scott Pelley: Is privacy dead?

John Brennan: No. No. Privacy should never be dead.

Scott Pelley: Yea, I know it shouldn't be. But is it, in fact, with these hacktivists, with these nation-state actors, with all the things that we've learned about government snooping all around the world, isn't it effectively dead?

John Brennan: You know, it's interesting that people always point to the government or others in terms of the invasion of privacy. But--

Scott Pelley: Any government

John Brennan: --yeah, but individuals are liberally giving up their privacy, you know, sometimes wittingly and sometimes unwittingly as they give information to companies or to sales reps. Or they go out on Facebook or the various social media. They don't realize though that they are then making themselves vulnerable to exploitation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cia-dire...cott-pelley-2/

In looking back at previous posts I just realized when I mentioned WWIII starting with an EMP I should have also mentioned that a 'man-made' nuke is not the only thing you should be concerned about. Some of you may know I've also mentioned in the past that the sun also puts out electrical energy pushed by 'solar winds'. (I'm not a scientist) but they call it a "coronal mass ejection" or 'solar flares' whatever you want to call it. The "Northern Lights" is a VISIBLE example (on a smaller scale) of these CME's hitting the magnetic field around the earth and the electrical energy causes light shows.

Those are the weak ones. No one knows how often they happen since that kind of electrical energy is about like getting an x-ray and it's not as concentrated like a lightening bolt but once in a while the sun just 'burps' sending out massive amounts of plasma over a planet size area. The strong ones (like a 100 year flood, a mega earthquake and tsunami, or a catagory 5 hurricane) can overpower the earth's magnetic field and the plasma that hits the earth surface can easily fry electronic micro-circuits and has the potential to fry every electronic device in your house and car and knock out all or part of the power grid for months or years. Here's what that looks like:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/newest-h...un-is-a-doozy/

If you look at that picture from NASA/CBS you will notice the 'hole' is not dead center so thankfully that 'solar cannon' is not pointing directly at us. When that dark hole is directly in the center you will know you are looking down the barrel of a very dangerous gun.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 06-11-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Getting Comfortable

Data Mining 101

All VERY interesting info my brother & MUCH thanks for fully blowing the whistle on this topic. But I just so happened to have tried the google maps/satellite option to view my house a few days ago, as I am currently approximately 5 hours away from home, & the most recent view that I was able to conjure up was from 2013. I'd love to know how to get actual REAL time views of it, but neither the help button nor any of the info chat forums were able to give me the regiment for doing so. Can & will you help a brother out with this issue kind sir? Any info on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Always remember, we\'re hands not wh*res!

RobD

Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I'd love to know how to get actual REAL time views of it, but neither the help button nor any of the info chat forums were able to give me the regiment for doing so. Can & will you help a brother out with this issue kind sir? Any info on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Simple. Go to work for the NSA or Department of Homeland Security and you can spy on the old lady or catch the kids smoking pot anytime you want in real time. For the rest of us there is something coming but the only thing currently available is Google Earth. (more in a second).

The "what is available" question has more to do with the "why" answer. That's because the closer an object is to the earth the faster it has to travel in order to counteract earth's gravity and maintain that orbit so for now it's all about satellites and orbits.

There are a few different kinds of satellite orbits. In order to maintain a position directly overhead the 'sweet spot' is about 22,000 miles away and traveling around 10,000 mph. The trick for rocket scientists is to balance 'centrifugal force' with gravity. The faster you turn in a circle the more pressure exerted to fling you out in space. The closer you are to a (magnetic core) planet the more it wants to suck you in.

One 'high earth orbit' is called a "geostationary" orbit and it maintains an overhead orbit around the earth but only directly above the equator. Gravity is stronger at the Equator than at the poles but it remains pretty constant so it's easier to predict and cancel out the gravitational force with centrifugal speed.

A "geosynchronous" is another high earth orbit which also flies overhead at the same speed as earth rotation but whatever the angle it reaches in the northern hemisphere at one point in the day it will be the same angle in the southern hemisphere 12 hours later and every 12 hours it crosses the equator. So if a satellite is directly over your head in Texas at noon it will be directly over the South Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chile at midnight, and if it's over Boston in the morning it will be over southern Argentina at night. Satellites over North or South America will feel a stronger gravitational pull in the direction of the equator which is why they basically 'oscillate' between North and South. (almost like being on a swing. You feel gravity the strongest at the bottom of the arc.) Generally the distance you swing forward will match your swing backwards.

(again I'm not a rocket scientist) but I would assume the ony way to get a single satellite to 'hover' over North America would be if it had some kind of jet constantly exerting force from the South to basically push it up and away to maintain a constant orbit. (like 'drifting' a racecar around a corner where the back wheels are exerting force in a slightly differnt direction than the front wheels are pointed in order to maintain the arc). My point is you can't 'coast' in a drift. If the back wheels are not exerting force the orbit deteriorates and you can't hold the turn.

GPS satellites fly in a 'medium earth orbit in 'elliptical' pattern which is close to the Earth at one point then slingshots farther out into space and comes back again. They circle the earth roughly twice a day so wherever they are at noon they will be in the same place at midnight. In order for GPS to work all over the globe you have to have satellites flying different ellipticals at the same time.

The International Space Station is in a 'low earth' orbit about 250 miles overhead so being that close to us it has to move around 17,150 mph. To keep from being sucked back in from Earth's gravity it orbits the earth in a 'geosynchronous' pattern roughly every 90 minutes. You can see what they see here:
    http://www.space.com/25797-nasa-hd-e...-webcasts.html
    If the live stream is dark when you pull it up then it's night wherever it is, and it will be light again no more than 45 minutes from now.

Back to "what's available". Google Earth is actually a series of images taken from a low Earth satellite orbiting every 90 minutes then pasted together by software. In order to watch your house from a camera in space you would have to watch from a geostationary satellite above the Equator, which may not be a very good view depending on your latitude. For those living in northern or southern latitudes you need a geosync. sat. but your time on target is limited unless you have several 'overlapping' patterns with staggered times and there would always be a 'flicker' and angle change as the image was handed from one sat. to the next.

Google bought a company called SkyBox in 2014 for $500mil and renamed it "Terra Bella". They are still building high-res satellites some of which will launch this year. When they will make those images available to the public and if there will be a charge to 'subscribe' to their service is anyone's guess. I'm sure they will probably spend another Billion dollars to get the whole thing up and running so my guess is they will be charging for a 'subscription'. Reports say they will have at least a dozen in the system but Google is also talking about bringing 'satellite internet' to remote areas so I expect the whole thing will balloon to a whole new Gigamonster in no time.

Google has also invested in SpaceX so I assume how big the whole thing gets depends on if/when they can launch the satellites cheaper.

(How's that for a whole BUTTLOAD of information you don't really care about?)
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 06-15-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Road Warrior
    You may also be interested to know that Microsoft announced yesterday they struck a deal to buy LinkedIn for $196 a share. (Their current stock price is $131 a share). If you're asking yourself why the software giant is willing to pay $65 a share more than what the stock is trading for on the NYSE just MAYBE it's to get ALL OF THE INFORMATION LinkedIn has collected on their 430 million members.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMulticraft View Post
    If however on the other hand you are smart enough NOT to give your info to ANYONE who asks all I can say is your name must be Yogi because you are TRULY "smarter than the average bear".
    Microsoft can identify every computer running their software but they don't necessarily know who is at the keyboard. Putting LinkedIn information with their ability to trace every computer connected to the internet will give them the ability to match your name and face with every piece of hardware you own (that's running every piece of software THEY own).

Every Windows version since XP has the ability for 'remote access'. In other words if you are connected to the internet Microsoft has the ability to get backdoor access to your machine either with your permission or by using brute force.

Windows will also tell them every detail about your computer hardware. You can find out for yourself from a Command Prompt. If you want to get WAY over your head in a hurry just Google "Windows command prompt commands". If you started playing with computers prior to Windows 95 you probably had to learn a few DOS commands when installing Windows 3.1 from a floppy drive.

To set up a wireless network and find out your IP address (from a command prompt) type: ipconfig

If you want to get the serial number of your laptop, the model number, and the 'fingerprint' of your computer (called the UUID or the Universal Unique Identifier)
    type this: wmic csproduct get name,identifyingnumber,uuid

If you want BIOS information (basic input/output system)
    type this: wmic bios get name,serialnumber,version

If you want information about your computer CPU
    type this: wmic cpu get name,CurrentClockSpeed,MaxClockSpeed

if you get "not recognized command ...." make sure you have all the spaces, commas, and CAPS exactly as I've shown you.

If you want LOTS of information in a window that's easier to read, from a command prompt type: msinfo32
    (a new window will open with lots of "stuff").
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 06-14-2016 at 02:07 PM.