Links to Casey Industrial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Road Warrior

Nobody likes a 'know-it-all'

Nobody likes a 'know-it-all', even less if they are right sometimes, and if they have an annoying habit of saying "I told you so" afterwards ... well that's just 3 strikes.

I believe the number of people in America that think we are at a ‘crossroads’ is growing, and those who do not are for the most part just so distracted by their day-to-day existence that they can’t see where we are headed.

I’m not the best communicator and I have a bad habit of using too many words to express myself so I’m going to try and get right to the point. I made some comments here back in June of 2015 that the Greek financial crisis was going to be less significant than the growing problems in Turkey. Within a few weeks the stock market went on a roller coaster. Turkey shot down a Russian fighter and the news was filled with pictures of the bodies of refugees on the shore. Four months later (a year ago today) there was major rains and flooding in the Carolina’s and a white kid that shot up a black church; and a white cop that shot a black driver 5x in the back as he ran from a traffic stop that started a lot of the civil/racial unrest that’s still going on today.

We went down a lot of rabbit trails in that “starting a fire” thread (completely jacking olhands original comments about 911 in the process) going off on topics like preparing for worst case scenarios like an earthquake and/or tsunami, an EMP or solar flare that knocks out the power grid, or the Halloween comet that took NASA like a high and tight fastball. (which they did NOT predict and came too close for comfort) Then last November. (11 months ago) I said:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMulticraft View Post
    So here's an interesting little spin for you "conspiracy theorists". What happens if the grid goes down some time before the election?

No electronic ballot machines, nothing, nada, zip, zilch ... does that mean we have no choice but to keep the Imbecile in Chief we have now and live under "martial law" until "order" is restored, and what kind of fundamental changes will be made while the vast majority of civilian communication and the public media is virtually deaf and blind?

(things that make you go "hmmmm")
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfoxiv View Post
    That is a nightmare scenario worse than anything else you have mentioned.
    I may not be able to give you all of the details about when or where and how it's all going to come about ... but I can see WHAT is coming just as sure as a sunrise.

For everybody else ... "here's your sign".
    Personally I think we are a lot closer to that kind of event than people realize. The bulk of the news online today is about hurricane Matthew. (pretty much one year after massive flooding in the same place). There’s an old sailors adage that says “red skies at morning, sailors take warning, red skies at night, sailors delight”.

Not many people know that’s actually a quote by JESUS in Matthew 16:1-4.

Then the Pharisees and Sadducees (= religious Democrats & Republicans) came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; 3 and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed.

I hope you’re listening because I think things are about to get very ugly. I also hope I’m wrong, and even though the warning is a year old it hasn’t been forgotten or fallen on deaf ears because if I’m right then you’ve had MORE THAN enough time to prepare.

I think there could be a complete failure or deliberate perversion in the election process MUCH greater than the "hanging chad" debacle with Bush/Gore; I think the weather or similar 'acts of GOD' are on our doorstep; and I think those events can EASILY cause a significant economic break down that greatly affect the way our society behaves toward each other. I understand all this is a 'slow burning' process but just because it's not all taking place in the span of a week does not mean it's not happening.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 10-06-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Road Warrior
    I know most of you won’t understand “the sign of the Prophet Jonah” so I’ll explain it to you.

GOD told Jonah: 2 “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.”.

Nineveh was then the capital of Syria 500+ miles (overland to the Northeast) where the King of the Assyrians lived. History confirms the Assyrians were pretty barbaric at the time so Jonah got scared and ran to the coast where he got on a boat headed almost in the opposite direction, 2500 miles West across the Mediterranean.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assyr...es-77262.shtml

Apparently that was not an option with GOD so Jonah spent the next 3 days in the belly of a fish before he was vomited out somewhere on the Western shore of the Med.

Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time, saying, 2 “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you.” 3 So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, a three-day journey[a] in extent. 4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”

(literal translation = so big it takes 3 days to walk around it. ... and on day 1 Jonah started screaming "in 40 days you all will be utterly destroyed" or “annihilated”).

5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them. 6 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying,
    Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water. 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish?
    10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.

“Relent” in this case means “postponed” or “to set aside”. I guess you could call it a deferred prosecution. Fast forward to today and the situation with ISIS (or the Islamic State in Iraq and SYRIA). I hope you recognize the significance of what is going on there today and (my personal belief) that when someone sets off a nuke, or some other impending ‘natural’ disaster in a place like Aleppo that utter annihilation should be your “sign” that just because GOD was patient for centuries does NOT mean HE has completely changed HIS mind about dealing with people in a manner appropriate with their actions, and the clock is still ticking.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 10-06-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Been Doing This Before You Were Born olhand's Avatar

Cool

Damn man! Lighten up. You'll scare the few we have left off the board.

I agree a lot with what you say. I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over it, though. It is what it is. I've seen what's coming making it's way to fruition for years. Kept a close watch. Got pissed because no one cared enough to stop and observe. Well - I'm happy to say I think all that has started to change their ideas about reality. Waking up. I have hope. 'nuf said.

I don't trust the current CEO from 1 year after he took his oath of office. Didn't know anything about him but was willing to observe.He came out on the bad side. No hope and change. Liar. Arrogant. Egotistical. Militaristic. etc., etc. Not beyond the scenario you painted above. I'm ready. I possess a few survival skills myself. Bring it on... while I'm still young.
    Last edited by olhand; 10-09-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: dum ditty dum...
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito >Virgil< Carpe diem! >Horace< Per diem mofo!! >The new GREEN hand<

Road Warrior
    Yeah I hear ya. (hence the title)

Here's the deal. Hurricane Matthew just finished. I doubt anyone else is paying attention but I have talked about the (shocking in my opinion) lack of earthquakes in the Pacific Northwest for months ... well that's come to an end. Not only that but in the Saltan Lake area of southern California there were 45 earthquakes within 2-3 miles of each other in 4 days. 4 in Western Washington including one near my house and 4 off the coast of Oregon.

Ever cut down a tree by hand? There's a few pops as segments start to break loose which get louder and stronger before one big bang. Then as it falls there are smaller secondary pops as the last remnants break free. I think these little "popcorn" quakes are leading up to something bigger, and even after (something over 6.5) there will certainly be more aftershocks. Maybe it won't be the 9.0 everyone fears but I've been talking about it for a year that things were "too quiet" and I think (something) is coming relatively soon and if it turns out to be an 8.5 life around here is going to change drastically for a lot of people. (just not me)

As far as the election goes the Trump video and the Clinton email and speeches are about the same as those 3 little 4.1 - 4.8 quakes off the Oregon coast on Saturday. They are just the first little stress cracks that indicate something bigger is about to blow. Maybe I'm nuts but you heard it here first.

Personally? ... I think election skullduggery this time could really trigger a civilian revolt that's going to rock a lot of places in the US. Hillary, Obama, and all the other lawyers in charge have tipped their hand that they believe they know better than anyone else and they will say whatever they need to say and manipulate whatever it takes to get the outcome they want.

I think they are fools. If you pull up the ABC, CBS, or NBC (even BBC) webpage for months you will see an overwhelming number of stories about Trump that are negative, petty, clearly not objective and only put there to try and give him a blackeye. I'm not even talking about sites you KNOW are leftists like CNN and MSNBC. If you're going to write an editorial then CALL it an editorial. You can find Trump stories for a long time afterwards but when a negative Clinton story does make it to their page it's taken down after a day or two.

Here's the deal. It's been going on for months and it hasn't moved the polls more than 1 or 2 points either way. I think the more they do that the more people are going to see Trump as a victim and vote for him which is the exact opposite of what they are trying to accomplish by constantly trying to give him a black eye. Regular people watch regular network news and they aren't drinking the koolaid.

I think it's funny ... but the unfunny part is if he gets elected by a wide margin in the popular vote and the electorial college gives it to Clinton because "the fix is in" (like it was when Comey didn't convene a Grand Jury; gave essentially everyone that had a central roll immunity; and blew off the meeting between Bill and Loretta Lynch because Obama's hands are just as dirty as Hillary's) I think you might just see something you haven't seen since the Rodney King riots.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 10-10-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by olhand View Post
    Damn man! Lighten up. You'll scare the few we have left off the board.
    BTW "Starting a fire" over 10k views, and "Worst case scenario" almost 12k views. I don't think they are gone completely I just think they are sitting back and watching the show... (like watching monkeys in a cage)

Here's what I think contributed to killing the forum:
    I think a lot of hands (especially the older ones) didn't want to fool around with figuring out the new format and certainly the software was outdated and things had to be changed in large part out of necessity but not that many of us spend 12 hours a day on the computer and it just rubbed some the wrong way. I also think some hands got pissed off when they posted jobs just trying to help out other hands and those posts got deleted. I think the moderators shot themselves in the foot with that one. I know this is their livelyhood and maybe they felt that was taking food out of their mouth but it killed morale big time.

I think labor has shifted from principles to recruiters. Let's face it if I'm a Contractor as good help gets harder to find I really don't want to spend my day weeding through a pile of knuckleheads to find a hand full of decent guys. The problem is the recruiters have driven wages down so far that really makes the situation worse so it's not like they are going back to the way it was. Contractors used to post in 1 or 2 places (like this one) and get what they wanted. Recruiters post on several platforms and as Facebook grew that's where the younger less experienced (= low budget) hands were found.

I think hands also started sharing their experience more and the weasls aren't going to post their jobs where people are talking about how badly they have been treated. That is after all why all of us came here in the first place years ago. I used this board LONG before I ever became a member. I'm sure there are younger hands still window shopping but won't walk through the door unless they got money to spend.

Obviously
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 10-10-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Road Warrior
    Ever cut down a tree by hand? There's a few pops as segments start to break loose which get louder and stronger before one big bang. Then as it falls there are smaller secondary pops as the last remnants break free. I think these little "popcorn" quakes are leading up to something bigger, and even after (something over 6.5) there will certainly be more aftershocks. Maybe it won't be the 9.0 everyone fears but I've been talking about it for a year that things were "too quiet" and I think (something) is coming relatively soon and if it turns out to be an 8.5 life around here is going to change drastically for a lot of people. (just not me).
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/eart...-one/333975022

Road Warrior
    Nobody likes a 'know-it-all', even less if they are right sometimes, and if they have an annoying habit of saying "I told you so" afterwards ... well that's just 3 strikes.

I think there could be a complete failure or deliberate perversion in the election process MUCH greater than the "hanging chad" debacle with Bush/Gore;...
    Strike 1

Coming SOON to an area near you:

... I think the weather or similar 'acts of GOD' are on our doorstep; and I think those events can EASILY cause a significant economic break down that greatly affect the way our society behaves toward each other...

Road Warrior
    Strike 2
    The whole west coast was quiet for earthquakes over the summer but things have changed significantly all along the ring of fire and including Hawaii.
    Here's the last WEEK.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...t%22%3Anull%7D

... I think the weather or similar 'acts of GOD' are on our doorstep; and I think those events can EASILY cause a significant economic break down that greatly affect the way our society behaves toward each other...
    So here's what I think (the day before the election). I think Hillary is going to win (under various and significant clouds of suspicion) which will linger on for months. I think sometime in the near future and possibly before that is fully resolved there will be another catastrophic disaster; maybe an attack, an earthquake which may (in the right location) be accompanied by a tsunami or some other MAJOR event. That 5.0 in Cushing yesterday doesn't rise to the level I'm expecting; but I've worked there more than once; and long enough to know that if an earthquake causes one of those tanks to rupture and it goes off with a bang or catches fire, the rest are close enough to cause a REAL problem.

Fun fact: ONE (1,000,000 gallon) tank in that farm would cover 1 acre of land 3' (FEET) thick with oil. If you've never been there, here you go:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@35.9424...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Strike 3
    I think (as I said earlier) that the election and other 'Acts of GOD' (coupled with man made incompetitence) are going to create the kind of civil unrest and economic problems since the Great Depression was followed by the great migration in the USA. Personally I think we should consider ourselves lucky if it doesn't cause another civil war.

(Hillary might be weasel enough to GET the job, but that doesn't mean she's wise enough to DO the job when it matters most, so let's see if we're still having this conversation around this time next year). She is CERTAINLY NOT the one I would trust to make good decisions in a SHTF situation.

... for the rest of you "Here's your sign".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjelRDKHUk
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 11-07-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Road Warrior
    I was wrong about strike 1 (knock on wood) and I couldn't be happier. I just hope strike 2 and 3 go the same way.