Links to Casey Industrial
    Forum Noobie

Question How to survive extreme cold in the site

Hi all,

Iím working in the construction field and Iím here to get some suggestions to be safe in this climate. Recently, one of my colleagues got frostbite. I searched online and found a blog that explains how to stay warm http://mistersafetyshoes.com/stay-wa...ome-to-winter/. Please advise few ways to avoid getting into a condition like this. Has anyone faced any situation like this? How you overcome this situation? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by johnscrane; 03-22-2017 at 05:33 AM.

Road Warrior
    Man if it wasn't for the spammers this place really would be dead as a doorknob. But if you want to stay safe, stay the he11 out of the great white north aye?

I gotta say though the kanucks got us beat when it comes to cold weather gear. I bought a pair of Baffin Derrick boots for working in North Dakota in
    -30 (-50 when the wind hits 40mph) and I was comfy as a pig in sh1t.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Derric.../dp/B003HNNC3E
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 03-23-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Forum Noobie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMulticraft View Post
    Man if it wasn't for the spammers this place really would be dead as a doorknob. But if you want to stay safe, stay the he11 out of the great white north aye?

I gotta say though the kanucks got us beat when it comes to cold weather gear. I bought a pair of Baffin Derrick boots for working in North Dakota in
    -30 (-50 when the wind hits 40mph) and I was comfy as a pig in sh1t.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Derric.../dp/B003HNNC3E
    I didn't mean to spam. Last week , it snowed heavily. My boots are not insulating enough and I am searching for a recommendation. Thanks for sharing the link.

This Isnít My First Rodeo
    dress in layers. hand and toe warmers help. always have extra clothes, boots, socks, hats, and gloves in your truck. avoid clothes that are too tight. under armour is good, but it will stick to your skin if it burns! wear cotton and wool, avoid polyesther. composite toe boots are better than steel toe. get 1000 grams or more insulated boots for artic conditions. don't get frostbite, no job is worth your saftey or health. forget that foreman and take care of yourself! warm up when you have to! They have to provide a place to get warm. ohsa says so! good luck, winter is almost over!
    sometimes you just gotta... \"hit the road\"