Links to Casey Industrial
    Road Warrior

Earthquake relief work

Just a "heads up", I know I've been running around like Chicken Little for at least 2 years (almost to the day) talking about the "big one" coming to the Pacific Northwest but I keep an eye on the USGS site a few times a week for a long time and as I've said many times things have been TOOO quiet for too long. ... Well up until this week there was a sharp uptick in activity and around 10pm last night (Sunday) there were 3 over 6.5 and a few smaller that hit off Vancouver Canada.

Long story short I think they're closing in so if you have experience putting Humpty Dumpty back together again you may want to pack a bag and keep it handy because I think Seattle is going to have A LOT of work for you VERY soon.

(jus' sayin)

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...t%22%3Anull%7D

Road Warrior
    I know I sound like a broken record but here's something to think about:

January 23, 2018 A 7.9 earthquake off the coast of Kodiak Island Alaska causes a major shift in the sea floor and for the next 4 months there are over 2500 earthquakes over 3.0
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...t%22%3Anull%7D

August 12, 2018 a 6.4 earthquake hits near Kaktovik Alaska (the largest ever recorded on the North Slope).

Yesterday November 30, 2018 a 7.0 hits Anchorage so I went back to look at the 10,000 year history which forms the basis for my constant warnings. here>> https://projects.oregonlive.com/maps...uakes/timeline

Here are my conclusions: The overall average for the largest "rips" in the Cascadia subduction zone is every 246 years (no big deal) but digging deeper I see this. It's been 318 years since the last major eruption in 1700. That's 100 years before the Lewis and Clark expedition brought white settlers west (so before recorded history in this area) ... but looking at that graph I see something else. In "modern" times you have to go back over 4000 years to see the longest "gap" in eruptions was only 330 years.

So there was an 8.1 in 2585 BC and less than 100 years another 8.3 then it goes quiet for 330 years. Those two together are smaller in size and closer together than the other major eruptions so I think the two combined explain the 330 years of silence. .... (reminder we are at 318 years now and the "average" over the last 4000 years is a major event every 210 years) .... you would have to go back in time 6000 years to find a longer gap.

So my point is the area between Seattle WA and Portland OR has been locked for a long time so I did another search to look at the activity since the last big one in 1700. I set the lower threshold to ignore everything below a magnitude of 5 (because it takes too long for 10,000 earthquakes to load and at 3 and the page sometimes freezes)

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...me%22%7D%7D%7D

There are 411 displayed but the most important part is NOT where the earthquakes have struck in the last 318 years but where they are MISSING. NO SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY between Seattle and Portland means the area is basically "locked" and when it finally rips free it's going to be massive. Any welder knows when you put a tack under stress and start welding when it finally breaks it will ring like a bell.

The Northern and Southern ends of the fault have been experiencing small quakes all along which are effectively RELIEVING their built up stress but the large section in the middle hasn't budged. I can tell you that even if you set the limit down to a magnitude of 3 you will see the same thing. It's constipated and when sh!t finally hits the fan it's going to be NASTY. (I hope you are listening but more importantly I hope you are as "ready" as you can be because if it finally goes with anything above an 8 the devastation will be incredible, it will take years to fix, and will make Hurricane Katrina look like a fart in the bath tub.
    Last edited by MrMulticraft; 12-01-2018 at 04:17 PM.