Links to Casey Industrial
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

any body besides welders

anybody on here do any thing besides weld i am wanting to know some crane operators or heavy equipment operators and if they know of any work i am new to hot sheets and trying to find work but either i get no answer any were or put on a list

i feel your pain bro. i cant find **** for crane operators ive called every company that i can find numbers for from coast to coast

in need of work

I have a question for all of you that are crane and heavy ops- are you new to the field (0-5), journey(5-10/12) or master(12+) years? I've noticed tons(well, quite a few) people in your profession looking for work which is unusual on the job boards. For you with a lot of exp. do you think this is caused by the fact that so many places are offering certification/training now? I seen a few places that I can go take the course and get certified then immediately bill myself as a heavy equip/crane operator. I do have exp. with cranes, booms and heavy but that was back in the old days when someone taught you to do the job on the job not dependent like it is so much nowdays to go take a course then find work. You worked your way up by working around the equipment and learning.

thers is some work how far u want to go

quote:Originally posted by jjchaos
    [br]I have a question for all of you that are crane and heavy ops- are you new to the field (0-5), journey(5-10/12) or master(12+) years? I've noticed tons(well, quite a few) people in your profession looking for work which is unusual on the job boards. For you with a lot of exp. do you think this is caused by the fact that so many places are offering certification/training now? I seen a few places that I can go take the course and get certified then immediately bill myself as a heavy equip/crane operator. I do have exp. with cranes, booms and heavy but that was back in the old days when someone taught you to do the job on the job not dependent like it is so much nowdays to go take a course then find work. You worked your way up by working around the equipment and learning.
    NCCCO is giving certs out to anyone that has the money. It takes time in the seat to be a true crane operator and yes if you have seat time and certs there are alot of jobs out there.

Hand me another rod Jr.

I've been in cranes now for 10 years and have been in the heavy equipment trade for over 20 yrs. In the last 2 yrs. I have been lucky to get away with being off for 2 weeks. My last day on a wind farm project in TX. was last Friday. I usually make about 15 phone calls and send out about 15 or 20 emails. Then I sit for a day or 2 with no response. Then I usually get hit with 3 to 5 serious offers. once I accept one and get on the job I get phone calls for a week to 2 weeks with job offers.
    My opinion NCCCO is a joke. It's just a money maker for someone and away to try and shift responsibility for anything that happens on to the crane operator. With no real attempt to verify hours of exp. by NCCCO
    anyone can study the test and load charts, pass the test and WHAMO!!!
    instant crane operator. I know any of you around here who have been out there for any length of time has seen these type of crane operators in action.
    The tried and true way is learning from the ground up and in to the seat, being taught by competent exp. crane operators with the help of many other tradesmen.

lets see yes i am new to all this but no i am not new to equipment operation have about 7 years mostly on loaders and excavators all has been local work for really small companies only about a year of crane experiance witch i know is not much i do feel nccco cert is a good thing so i went and got my cert this winter and i was there with some operators that have been operating a long time that had some trouble with the tests so i dont feel it is a joke

I agree with you having the NCCCO cert. is the only way your going to get a job with some company's. Having it gives you a big advantage in most states.
    My opinion remains the same about it. although I have had NCCCO certification for quite a few years now.

quote:Originally posted by michaelandjessicab
    [br]lets see yes i am new to all this but no i am not new to equipment operation have about 7 years mostly on loaders and excavators all has been local work for really small companies only about a year of crane experiance witch i know is not much i do feel nccco cert is a good thing so i went and got my cert this winter and i was there with some operators that have been operating a long time that had some trouble with the tests so i dont feel it is a joke
    What I am trying to say is if you have never operated a crane on a real jobsite and dont have any seat time just because you went and spent some money on a NCCCO it does not make you a crane operator. Heavy Equipment does not equal Cranes it is a whole differnt ball game when you are in the seat and have peoples life in your hand i have had mine since 2001 but I think they are a joke.

Hand me another rod Jr.

so no one has really gave me any ideas on how to get started in traveling in this industry thats what i am looking for i am willing to go as a equipment operator or a rigger i have called every company or emailed all the ones in this magazine no one seems to have any work so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. i dont know any people all ready doing it to help me find work so thanks for any and all your help