Links to Casey Industrial
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    To threadstarter. Have you tried indeed.com. Just type in crane operator. Nothing in location and that will give you the whole US. I don't know maybe just a bunch of dead leads. But, I have seen the big companies like BEK and Zachry post on there before.

quote:Originally posted by alan campbell
    [br]i feel your pain bro. i cant find **** for crane operators ive called every company that i can find numbers for from coast to coast

in need of work

Forum Noobie
    The CCO is a joke. There are times when they purposely screw up on paperwork in order to generate income. I personally know of numerous guys that pass their practicals with flying colors, and guys that pass their written exams only to get letters in the mail that they failed. Then they have to pay again to re-test or get it hand scored.

Anyone can pass their exams with some practice, but it doesn't make them a QUALIFED crane operator. I can get my daughter to pass it easily, by pulling one lever at a time, and still do it in less than 3 minutes. Means that she is a lever puller, not an operator

All of the CCO management are non-operators, yet they dictate what to do. A lot of the CCO auditors aren't even crane operators. I personally have seen an auditor that couldn't even do the practical. YET to be an auditor, you have to be an examiner. To be an examiner, you have to be able to pass the practical. The CCO is all about nepotism

To pass the written, you have to pass with a 70%. The CCO has a committee that writes the exam questions. Most of this questions are bogus, because it doesn't apply to "Real World", nor are they accurate. Their committee is made of mostly safety guys (wanna be crane operators). So they try to trick you with wording.

To pass the practical, you must pass with a 75%. Why are we timed? They say it is to put the candidate under duress. In the real world we are not timed, nor do we have loads without a tag line, or a signal person.

You start with 100 points, and must pass with 75 points.

The practical points are as follows:

zig-zag corridor (obviously named by someone smoking gonja)
    hit a ball off=1 point
    knock over the pole / move the pole off base=3 pts
    chain off the ground=3 pts
    chain off the ground and passing a pole=3 pts per
    set the test weight on the ground =5 pts
    point for every 10 seconds over the 3:00

ball in barrel
    move the barrel more than 2"=5 pts
    knock barrel over=15 pts
    point for every 7 seconds over 3:30

Forum Noobie
    Quote Originally Posted by craneman73 View Post
    In my opinion, the NCCCO is a joke. I have operating for over 17 years. The classes may give you all the answers to pass the tests, and when they take you out to actually have "hands on", they dont even let you set your own crane up. Now if you cant set up a crane how are you suppose to know how to when you get out on a real job? Just because you have a card in your pocket DOES NOT make you a crane operator!!!! Job that I was last on had a kid that just came out of crane school..he pulled the headache ball over top of the boom. Since this, the company is making all operators that they hire have the NCCCO card. Well I was hired, this happened and because my crawler endorsement had lapsed I got fired. Now you tell me who is the operator...someone who just came out of school or a person with 17 yrs experience? I also know of jobs that have turned away many of guys with years and years of exerience because they didnt have a NCCCO but yet hired kids that have never even been on a crane straight out of crane school to come up and run their cranes. And people wonder why so many cranes are getting turned over....

The CCO is a joke. There are times when they purposely screw up on paperwork in order to generate income. I personally know of numerous guys that pass their practicals with flying colors, and guys that pass their written exams only to get letters in the mail that they failed. Then they have to pay again to re-test or get it hand scored.

Anyone can pass their exams with some practice, but it doesn't make them a QUALIFED crane operator. I can get my daughter to pass it easily, by pulling one lever at a time, and still do it in less than 3 minutes. Means that she is a lever puller, not an operator

All of the CCO management are non-operators, yet they dictate what to do. A lot of the CCO auditors aren't even crane operators. I personally have seen an auditor that couldn't even do the practical. YET to be an auditor, you have to be an examiner. To be an examiner, you have to be able to pass the practical. The CCO is all about nepotism

To pass the written, you have to pass with a 70%. The CCO has a committee that writes the exam questions. Most of this questions are bogus, because it doesn't apply to "Real World", nor are they accurate. Their committee is made of mostly safety guys (wanna be crane operators). So they try to trick you with wording.

To pass the practical, you must pass with a 75%. Why are we timed? They say it is to put the candidate under duress. In the real world we are not timed, nor do we have loads without a tag line, or a signal person.

You start with 100 points, and must pass with 75 points.

The practical points are as follows:

zig-zag corridor (obviously named by someone smoking gonja)
    hit a ball off=1 point
    knock over the pole / move the pole off base=3 pts
    chain off the ground=3 pts
    chain off the ground and passing a pole=3 pts per
    set the test weight on the ground =5 pts
    point for every 10 seconds over the 3:00

ball in barrel
    move the barrel more than 2"=5 pts
    knock barrel over=15 pts
    point for every 7 seconds over 3:30

This Isnít My First Rodeo
    Fuc$%ng greenhand! Get on a job. admit your lack of experience, don't be a sukass, and work your ass off, and the hands will call u back! Make friends with the hands, not the foreman, and you will keep working! and be careful, I might be on the other end of the hook! Hope that helps.
    sometimes you just gotta... \"hit the road\"

This Isnít My First Rodeo
    BTW a hand is a hand. Whether he can read, write, take tests, or stay sober for an hour is not my concern. I just want him to run the damn crane without killing someone. The old timers are usually (always) the best! I
    sometimes you just gotta... \"hit the road\"