Links to Casey Industrial
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Your doing what you need to do. Keep calling the company's to see if there hiring. Watch the forum here and at
    I have found that calling frequently keeps your name on the top of the pile. I also call the company's other list here in the forums to see if they need operators. When a company is hiring other trades for a job it does not hurt to call that company to see if they need operators.

thank you catkicker i apprecaite it any other advice from any one

i did not mean to start a big fight on here with everyone argueing about who when and why they are or are not working i was looking for advice on how to break in to the traveling craftsmen opps

In my opinion, the NCCCO is a joke. I have operating for over 17 years. The classes may give you all the answers to pass the tests, and when they take you out to actually have "hands on", they dont even let you set your own crane up. Now if you cant set up a crane how are you suppose to know how to when you get out on a real job? Just because you have a card in your pocket DOES NOT make you a crane operator!!!! Job that I was last on had a kid that just came out of crane school..he pulled the headache ball over top of the boom. Since this, the company is making all operators that they hire have the NCCCO card. Well I was hired, this happened and because my crawler endorsement had lapsed I got fired. Now you tell me who is the operator...someone who just came out of school or a person with 17 yrs experience? I also know of jobs that have turned away many of guys with years and years of exerience because they didnt have a NCCCO but yet hired kids that have never even been on a crane straight out of crane school to come up and run their cranes. And people wonder why so many cranes are getting turned over....

Very true on alot of what you say craneman. My dad has been a crane operator for about 12 years. He got his NCCCO a few years ago. A week of school and then the test. He said the hands on he took was pretty good though. NCCCO is a moneymaker. But, its just like NCCER. Clients are thinking that these certs. are really legit and don't realize half the people that have them knew someone or cheated to get it. And I think I read somewhere that most of the time when they investigate these crane accidents the person had an NCCCO. But, I know my dad has told me sometimes you will have an idiot super. or whatever tell you to do something like override the computer when you already have your track sitting off the ground. Thats got to be a hard decision to make. He has also done crazy to me things like. Make a pick with 2 or 3 different cranes picking up the same thing.

craneman i was just wondering if you have been a operator for so long why dont you have your cco cert.most states require it now so its not all just on the employers and in march it is a national law but they are giving untill 2010 for everyone to get certs. so everyone might as well get use to it all the work is going to go to certifed operators so all the old timers better quit complaining and go get certifed if they are all as good as they sayit should not be a problem.i predict a lot of them cant pass cause they were never trained properly

Ain't no operator but your right 100%. If u been in the sit 10 yrs plus that cert should be a walk in the park for you, ur coming out in public askin for advice being honest and others are knockin u for it, wtf, we were all there at once. Stop yalls complainin the day is comin, get certified or go home...all trades...I agree its just another bullchit card like the twic card, but it does prove u know somethin....try to call shaw up, I know there needin a night shift operater in maryland, don't know number but someone on here does

TRUE CRAFTSMAN ARE A DYING BREED

I have had my NCCCO since 1997..you have to renew them every 4-5 years. When I first took the test the written part was actually about REAL crane operating. Now its about the "bylaws" not real everyday operating. You can take your lattice boom NCCCO on a brand new crane such as a 999 or something like that. Then send a company your resume, get hired and show up on the job and the crane they want you to run is a old 4100...you are screwed!!! Cause that card DOES NOT make you a operator!!

Here's 32 pages of current and older crane positions.

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Crane+operators&l=*.*

thank you all for your input sounds like i will find some work in the next few weeks anything new going on i should look into any new jobs or leads for crane operators or equipment ops thanks