SPRING 2020 CERTIFIED RIGGERS NEEDED!!
- Minimum has 3 years rigging experience in either NUCLEAR or FOSSIL PLANTS
- Provide supporting documented field experience and is proficient in the sizing up of loads, assembling of rigging to lift, and move equipment or materials around site during maintenance activities.
- Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.
- Participate in pre-job briefings.
- Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables, come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
- Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots.
- Coordinate the movement of hands and feet according to visual signals and directions.
- Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
- Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures
ALL RIGGERS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- NCCER Certification or equivalent qualification: Nuclear
- NCCCO or EPRI: Fossil