SPRING 2020 TURBINE MECHANICS NEEDED
Turbine Mechanics must have NUCLEAR /FOSSIL experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the field with Nuclear, Steam or Gas turbines, turbine valves and associated equipment/components.
- Ability to disassemble, troubleshoots, repair, assemble/align main turbines, feed-water pump turbines and associated components with limited to no supervision (independent worker).
- Troubleshoot components to identify real or potential problem areas.
- Identify parts and turbine terminology
- Handle, clean, and properly store parts.
- Remove and install gaskets and packing
- Disassemble I reassemble hydraulic coupling and bolted joints
- Align and balance turbine as directed by Technical Staff to station specifications.
- Use rigging procedures and equipment.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, lift a minimum of forty pounds overhead, able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions and confined space.
- Demonstrate knowledge of steam turbine machine trains and valve components
- Use and read precision tools such as inside and outside micrometers, dial calipers, depth micrometers, dial indicators, periphery tape measures, and etc.
- Use oxy-acetylene torches
- Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools, precision instruments, pneumatic, hydraulic tooling, calibrated tools and equipment.
- Normal turbine alignment and balance measuring devices general machine shop equipment such as grinders, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and clearance diagrams