Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Senior (Lead) Estimator.
- Supervises the estimates of Field Engineers and lower level estimators.
- Creates WBS and scope review for lower level estimators.
- Attends pre-bid meetings, performs site assessments, and analyzes specifications, statements of work, and other documentation to prepare thorough, accurate, and timely estimates of time, cost, and labor.
- Provides high-level scoping of assigned projects to include preparation of bid packages and analysis of proposals.
- Prepares estimates of medium to high complexity, up to $40M, with minimal or no oversight.
- Interfaces with A/E’s, contractors, and owners to provide cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Interfaces with owners, A/E’s, and Contractors during negotiation and contract execution.
- Responsible for review of final estimate and proposal to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Performs material take-off and quantity surveying.
- Conducts and/or manages the development of preliminary bid/project schedules.
- Assists in the development of written proposals.
- Coordinates efforts of junior estimators and assemble into a cohesive estimate.
- Strategizes an approach to be successful on assigned projects.
- Solicits subcontractors and suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- B.S. Degree in Construction Management and/or Engineering or eight (8) years of construction experience or equivalent background is required.
- Six (6) years of construction estimating experience is required.Ability to estimate multiple projects simultaneously with proven time management skills.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects simultaneously with proven time management skills.
- Ability to assemble multiple trade estimates.
- Demonstrated experience estimating a broad range of subcontracted and self-perform work activities with an emphasis in the following project types: Healthcare, Commercial, both Public and Federal Healthcare/Institutional.
- Familiarity with MF2014.
- Must have excellent analytical and planning skills, good communication skills, and be knowledgeable and proficient with computers including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software systems. A good background in Sage Estimating (Timberline) is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team. Attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
- The ability to develop into a Chief Estimator.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.