MILLWRIGHT for La Porte, TX
For immediate consideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundations for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundations or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
Workers must be able to:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Work at heights without fears.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties that may change often.
- Operate machinery.
Physically, workers must be able to:
- Coordinate eye-hand movements.
- Use hands and fingers fully.
- Climb and maintain body balance.
- See and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Stoop and bend.
On-the-job training required.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.