https://www.robinsonconstruction.com/join-our-team/ to apply.
Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Pipefitters!
- Coordinates with job site Superintendent to configure pipe system layout.
- Cuts, threads, or hammers pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Lays out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, or related equipment, according to blueprints.
- Assembles or secures pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Measures and marks pipes for cutting or threading.
- Inspects, examines, or tests installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Plans pipe system layout, installation, or repair, according to specifications.
- Attaches pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Modifies, cleans, or maintains pipe systems, units, fittings, or related machines or equipment, using hand or power tools
- Selects pipe sizes, types, or related materials, such as supports, hangers, or hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cuts or bores holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, or mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand or power tools.
- Installs automatic controls to regulate pipe systems.
- Shuts off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Removes and replaces worn components.
- Inspects work sites for obstructions or holes that could cause structural weakness.
- Installs fixtures, appliances, or equipment designed to reduce water or energy consumption.
- Installs pipe systems to support alternative energy-fueled systems, such as geothermal heating and cooling systems.
- Checks work and repairs or corrects any faults.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May order pipes and other materials.
- May train others in Pipefitter job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Four or more years of Journeyman Pipefitting experience.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
- TWIC card preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge to maintain and operate production piping systems and equipment to include but not limited to pressure regulators, system control valves, pneumatic systems, temperature control units, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring hand tools to each job site such as:
Levels, Clamps, Wrenches, Hammers, Pliers, Sockets, Squares, Measuring Tapes, Gauges, FLUPS, Protractors, Spacing Wedges, and Calculator.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.