- A. Murren is a full-service, well established industrial, civil, and power industry contractor performing work throughout the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States with offices located in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and Virginia. For more than 30 years, we have offered the highest levels of industrial site development performance and we are proud of our long legacy of serving the Southeast. Our philosophy is to focus on both the human element and the high quality, sustainable construction that makes us who we are. We are completely dedicated to serving our clients, our communities, and significantly the people who make C. A. Murren more than a simple place to work, but a team and family-oriented experience like few others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Retrieve electronic bidding documents for Industrial/Commercial estimates.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the job plans and specifications. Fully understand the scope of work.
- Quantify earth work, site work, concrete and rebar material takeoffs for the scope of work.
- Build complete estimates in HCSS Heavy bid according to the scope of work requirements.
- Over see work done by Junior Estimator
- Analyze subcontractor and vendor bids if required and incorporate those proposals into the estimate accordingly.
- Adjust the total estimate according to template unit prices based on analysis of material, labor, equip, other, indirect, overhead and profit.
- Write, shape, and communicate the project clarifications, inclusions and exclusions.
- Pre pare full written prospects
- Communicate and work with clients for each bid to obtain all details for accurate estimating.
- Review cost history on completed projects and apply appropriate prices and labor factors to materials, equipment, formwork, etc.
- Prepare initial job notes for new projects for Project Management and the Field (Estimate, proposal, scope, requirements, bid assumptions, schedules, vendor quotes, specifications, correspondence, promises made, etc.).
- Create Estimate schedule in Primivera P6 or MS project.
- Lead in transition of job from estimating to project management (including planning, buyouts, scope, etc.).
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- College degree required.
- 3-6 years of experience in industrial construction estimating.
- Proficient in understanding, reading and interpreting plans/project drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrates proficiency with spreadsheets and digitizing software.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required.
- Experience communicating with clients and vendors.
- Experience negotiating contract terms.
- Strong written and verbal communication/organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with deadlines.
- Knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid, Plan Swift, AGTEK, AUTO CAD, and P6 software is a plus.
- Constantly works in indoor conditions, in an office environment with a computer and other typical office tools and equipment.
- Will be required to meet with customers at locations of the customer’s choice.
- Will be required to occasionally travel to project sites.
US Citizenship is required.