TIC-The Industrial Company is Currently Seeking Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Responsible to complete scheduled and routine maintenance work along with planning and performing many other duties both as part of a team and independently. Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul all types of construction equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Assure that all construction equipment works efficiently, safely and follows the company preventative maintenance program.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Read and understand plans and specifications, which includes the Operator's Manuals for equipment repair.
• Use appropriate hand and power tools to repair, replace or perform maintenance on equipment
• Receive equipment assigned to the job and document the condition; set this equipment up on a regular service and inspection schedules
• Organize a library of reference material, equipment files, and backlog schedules
• Evaluate a timetable to assure certifications such as for cranes and commercial vehicles
• Assist equipment operators in effectively using the Daily Walkaround Report
• Assist the project with the generation of an accurate Equipment Locator
• Assure the efficient, clean and safe fueling and oiling of equipment
• Assure that equipment leaving the job is Job-ready for the next assignment
• Document with the Off-Hire Report.
• Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to carry out work activities
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
• Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
• Performs all work in accordance with safety regulations, company policy and OSHA regulations.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Pass pre-employment requirements
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules, maintain clear work area, properly care for tools and materials.
• Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.